INTERNATIONAL COMMISSION ON MISSING PERSONS WESTERN BALKANS PROGRAM
OPEN CALL FOR PROPOSALS FOR ICMP´S SMALL GRANTS FOR THE ASSOCIATIONS OF FAMILIES OF MISSING PERSONS AND NGOS FROM BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
WESTERN BALKANS (2022-2023)
ISSUE DATE: 22 April 2022
CLOSING DATE: 20 May 2022
1. INTERNATIONAL COMMISSION ON MISSING PERSONS (ICMP) SMALL GRANTS PROGRAM
The International Commission on Missing Persons (ICMP) invites associations or organizations of families of missing persons to submit an application for its “Small Grants for the Associations of Families of Missing Persons and NGOs from Bosnia and Herzegovina 2022-2023”.
ICMP is an independent, treaty-based international organization with more than 20 years of experience in 40 countries. It is the only international organization tasked exclusively to work on the issue of missing persons. It helps governments build rule-of-law institutions that successfully and impartially search for and identify missing persons, and it supports efforts to enable families of the missing to assert their rights.
2. ABOUT ICMP PROGRAM IN THE WESTERN BALKANS
In the Western Balkans ICMP has supported regional cooperation in the search for the missing; it has worked effectively to foster the development and cooperation of civil society organizations with one another and with governments and local authorities in the region. It has pioneered the application of state-of-the-art DNA and advanced database informatics to locate and identify large numbers of missing persons. To date, more than 70 percent of the estimated 40,000 persons reported missing at the end of the conflicts in the Western Balkans have been accounted for.
3. ICMP’S SMALL GRANTS PROGRAM
Through its Small Grants Program, ICMP provides financial support to associations of families of missing persons and NGOs that are registered in Bosnia and Herzegovina, to implement projects that integrate objectives, approaches, activities and content that contribute to:
Promote and support the active, independent, meaningful and sustainable engagement and participation of families of missing persons in the process;
- Contribute to restoring justice and providing full redress to victims and survivors;
- Generate cooperation among survivor/victim groups, across sectarian, political, ethnic, religious or other lines and promote impartial and non-discriminatory approaches to the issue of the missing; and
- Advance accountability and transparency in the processes of locating missing persons by promoting dialogue and collaboration of survivor/victim groups with State authorities around the issue of the missing.
4. AREAS OF SUPPORT
The projects and activities supported for the Small Grants, must be relevant to the role and challenges faced by families of the missing in Bosnia and Herzegovina and should target at least one of the following objectives:
- Outreach activities towards families of the missing to encourage active engagement of families of missing persons in the search and identification of victims from Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Advocacy activities by associations of families of missing persons pertaining to full implementation of an existing legislation on missing persons or the realization of the rights of families of the missing persons stemming from other related legislation;
- Awareness-raising by associations of families of missing persons through memorialization and commemorations of relevant dates;
- Networking among associations of families of missing persons to exchange experiences and implementation of positive practices towards realization of rights of families of missing persons in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Projects that as a primary objective entail the processing of personal data related to missing persons or their relatives, or projects focused solely on providing psychosocial assistance to families of the missing are not eligible for funding through this Call.
Eligible costs: to ensure that the organizations implement the activities and reach the outcomes mentioned above, the following costs are allowed:
|Programmatic Costs||Any expense associated with a specific program, project or activity that is not part of the recurrent costs of the organization, for example: consultants, transportation of participant, meals, accommodation, rental venue, sound system, services and printing, materials for events.|
|Organization Costs||Any expense to cover the recurrent costs associated with the existence of the grantees as an organization or association, including renumeration, social security or consultant’s office expenses, equipment, materials, travel expenses for project staff (up to 30 percent of the total amount of the grant).|
5. AMOUNT OF GRANTS, ELIGIBILITY, SUBMISSIONS AND AWARD
Applicants may request a minimum of EUR 1,000 EUR and a maximum of EUR 3,000 for each project.
5.1. Who is eligible to apply?
Associations of Families of Missing Persons and NGOs:
- That are legally registered as a not-for-profit civil society organization in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- That have demonstrated experience in the implementation of projects;
- That have demonstrated experience of sound financial management, which is demonstrated by preparing annual financial reports;
- That apply for projects directly addressing the issue of missing persons
ICMP will accept applications submitted by single organizations, but highly encourages joint applications submitted by two or more applicants.
Applications shall be submitted in English or Bosnian/Croatian/Serbian using ICMP forms.
5.2. Deadline for submissions for projects: 20 May 2022
Notifications of selection are expected indicatively by 24 June 2022. Projects are expected to commence upon signing the contract, and may have duration of no more than 6 months.
Eligible organizations are invited to submit their applications using ICMP forms by the deadline of submission at 17:00 PM Western Balkans time.
Applications will be reviewed for eligibility and applicants may be contacted to provide clarifications. Grants awarded may be subject to modifications from the original proposal submitted.
ICMP reserves the right to fund any or none of the applications received.
All Applications shall contain:
- Project Proposal;
- Budget Proposal; and
- Organization Profile.
Please follow the link below to access the forms:
Application Forms may be requested, and queries about this Call may be made through Elma.Majstoric@icmp.int
ICMP’s Small Grants Program WESTERN BALKANS 2022-2023 is funded by the European Union and SIDA